Google Pay, also known as G Pay, is an online payment system and digital wallet that was created by Google to power contactless payments using mobile devices. In the following review, we are going to show you how to make Google Pay deposits at betting sites for cricket.
A Quick Look at the History of Google Pay
In 2015, Google launched Android Pay which was a successor to the Google Wallet that they released back in 2011. On January the 8th, 2018, Google declared that they were merging Google Wallet into Android Pay, and that they whole service will now be Google Pay. The new update was rolled out the following month, and the whole app was provided with an up-dated design. Google Pay is now available in 26 countries, and they are continuously adding new ones to their list. Those in the US and India can also use it on iOS devices, but with limited functionality. At the time of writing, Google Pay has more than 70 million active users across India and is accepted at the best Google pay betting sites.
Create an Account to Deposit at the Best Google Pay Betting Sites
If you want to deposit with Google Pay at you cricket betting site, you will first have to register for it. Below we have outlined the process you need to go through if you wish to have your own Google Pay account.
- Go on the Google Play Store and download Google Play.
- Once it has downloaded, launch it, select the language you want, and click on the arrow in the right corner.
- Enter your number that is registered with your bank account and then allow contacts, SMS, and location.
- Your email ID will automatically be detected, and then hit “Continue”.
- You will be a sent a one-time password, let Google Pay access it manually.
- You then have to make a screen lock or create a Google pin. Select the option that you want and set up your screen lock or pin.
- Congratulations, you now have your very own account and can start making deposits with Google Pay.
How to Add a Bank Account to Google Pay
Once you have created your Google Pay account, the next thing you will obviously want to do is add some money to it so that you can make a Google Pay deposit to start cricket betting online.
Adding money to your account follows the following steps:
- Open up the Google Pay app and click on your name that can be found at the top of the page.
- A page will appear that will ask you to “Add Bank Account” – click on it.
- A list of banking options will be shown, select your “Bank Name”.
- Once you have selected your bank, a pop-up will show, click “Allow”. Another pop-up will show displaying the account link, click on “Ok”.
- You will be sent a verification message to your mobile – your mobile number will then be verified and then your account will be verified too. This is an automated process.
- After the verification, another page will appear. Now click on “Enter UPI Pin” so that you can link the new bank account. Once you have done this, the bank account will be linked to your Google Pay app.
If you do not have a UPI Pin, then you have to set one up.
This is another simple process and we have outlined the steps below for you:
- Click the “Don’t Know Your UPI Pin?” option.
- Enter the final six digits of your debit or ATM card with the expiry date.
- Click on the arrow in the top right corner, and a one-time password will be sent to you.
- Input your ATM pin and click on the correct sign.
- Your UPI Pin has now been set up and you will receive a message saying that you have set up a UPI Pin.
Adding Money to Your Google Pay Account
Google Pay is similar to PayPal in the sense that you can purchase products either by paying directly from your bank account or by using the money in your Google Wallet. Obviously, in order to pay using Google Wallet, you need to have money in there.
Below we have explained how you go about adding funds to your Google Wallet.
Adding money via the website:
- Go to the Google Pay site and sign in using your Google account credentials.
- Click on the “Payment Methods” option that is located on the left of the screen.
- Select “Add Money” and choose the process through which you want to add money. For instance, you can add money to the wallet through any cards associated with your account or you can transfer directly from a linked bank account.
- Add the amount of money that you want to put in your Google Wallet, and click on “Add Money”.
- The transaction will go through after a couple of moments and the money you just added will be shown in your Google Wallet.
Adding money via the app:
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Click on the menu bar (the three lines) on the left of your screen and select the “Wallet” option.
- Click the “Add Money” option and select the way you want the money to be added – through your bank account or a linked card.
- Add the amount of money you want to add, click on “Add Money”, and after a few moments your wallet will be topped up.
Making a Betting Site Deposit with Google Pay
Once you have linked a bank account or added money to your Google Wallet, you are ready to make Google Pay deposits at your betting site so you can carry on betting on cricket.
Below we have outlined how you can make deposits with Google Pay.
- Sign into your Google Pay account.
- Click on a contact to make your payment. If you have never sent money to the payee before, you need to click on the “New Payment” option on the home screen.
- Click on “Bank Transfer” and enter the required details and click on “Continue”.
- Click on “Pay” and enter the value that you want to send.
- Input your UPI Pin, and the transaction will start.
N.B. When your transaction is complete you will receive an SMS from Google Pay as well as an SMS from your bank.
How to Verify Your Google Pay Account
As we mentioned above, you will be verified while you are setting up an account with Google Pay. However, for certain types of transactions you might be asked to verify your identity. It is important that you complete the verification process in this case because you will not be able to make use of Google Pay again until you do.
If you need to verify your account, you will receive an email with instructions regarding the documents that you have to send them. Follow these instructions carefully and make sure that they:
- Are clearly legible
- Are not expired
- Have the same first and surname that is used for your Google Pay account.
Ensure that the image you upload:
- Is readable
- Is not in black and white
- Is not blurry
- Has all four corners of the document showing
Once you have completed the verification process, any restrictions that were put on your account will be lifted.
Are There Any Fees for Google Pay Deposits?
When you are looking for a banking method that suits you best, you have to take a look at what fees apply when you make use of the payment option. So, if you decide that Google Pay is the payment method for you, what fees will apply when you top up your wallet or send a merchant money?
Well, we are happy to inform you that there are no added fees if you use a debit card with their services. However, if you use a credit card, there is a 2.9% fee that applies. So, if you are going to start making use of Google Pay, we recommend that you use a debit card and not a credit card.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Making a Google Pay Deposit at a Betting Site?
|Advantages of depositing with Google Pay at betting sites in India||Disadvantages of depositing with Google Pay at betting sites in India|
|✅ Ease of use: Google Pay deposits are simple and easy||❌ Limited on iOS: Google Pay deposits are available to Indians that use iOS, but the services are so limited that you would be much better off choosing another banking option|
|✅ Transaction history: Google Pay has a transaction page that you can visit to get a detailed view of all your Google Pay deposits||❌ Not all betting sites accept it: Google Pay is still relatively new, so it is a payment option that is not yet accepted by all banks or betting sites|
|✅ A huge company like Google will obviously have the best security around to ensure that Google Pay deposits are fully secure|
Start depositing with Google Pay for Cricket Betting
In our opinion, if you are an Android user, you should definitely consider making Google Pay deposits your main payment option as they are simple, charge no fees charged (unless you use a credit card), and you will not have to worry about your money mysteriously disappearing as Google uses the best security technology in the business to ensure the safety of their customers. However, if you have an iOS device, we do not recommend Google Pay even the best Google Pay betting sites cannot compensate for the platform’s limitations.
Frequently asked Questions about depositing with Google Pay
Below you will find some questions that are regularly asked about Google Pay:
Is Depositing with Google Pay Legal in India?
Google Pay is a payment method that is accepted and trusted all across India, so it is certainly legal in India.
Is There a Transaction Limit for Google Pay Deposits?
Yes, Indians are not allowed to send in excess of 1,00,000 Indian rupees daily.
Are Google Pay Deposits Safe and Secure?
Google is one of the biggest companies out there, so it stands to reason that they will have top-quality security technology in place. When you are depositing with Google Pay, you definitely do not have to worry about your money being stolen.
Are There Any Google Pay Deposit Fees?
If you use a credit card with Google Pay, then there is a 2.9% fee that you will be required to pay. However, if you use a debit card there will be no additional fees.