How to Make Skrill Deposits in Indian Rupees?
Skrill is a popular e-Wallet that gives you the ability to transfer money internationally and domestically. It is PayPal’s biggest competitor and is used by more than 40 million people all over the world. We will now take the time to explain everything that you should know about this banking method. Once you have read this article, you will know whether Skrill India is right for you.
|Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit||Minimum
|Maximum Withdrawal||Fees||Time Process|
|Skrill||Depends on Bookie||Depends on sportsbook||Depends on bookmaker||Depends on bookmaker||No fees from the sportsbook side
Fees from Skrill’s side though (see below)
Cash should be in your account instantly unless using a bank transfer
A Brief History of Skrill
Skrill was launched in 2001 and became one of the first e-Wallets to allow internet-to-internet transactions. To begin with, they just allowed their users to transfer money to other Skrill users, but they have since added other services such as the ability to withdraw from your bank account.
They used to be known as Moneybookers, but they changed their name to Skrill in 2011. They are popular all over the world due to the fact that they support over 200 countries and accept more than 40 currencies.
If this wasn’t enough, Skrill can now be used at around 120,000 online merchants. Although they allow their payment gateway services to be used by any industry that wants, they have become extremely popular in the online gambling world. This is because PayPal is pickier when it comes to which bookmakers they allow to use their services.
How Can You Open a Skrill Account in India?
Head on over to their website and click the “Register” button that is located in the top-right of the screen. You will then be instructed to enter your name, email, and then to create a strong password. Like usual, you should read their terms and conditions before clicking “Register Now”.
You will then be transported to a second page where you will need to enter the country where you are living and the currency that you would like to use. To avoid any annoying exchange rate fees, make sure you select your domestic currency.
You will then be transported to a third page where you must select your preferred payment method. Once you have decided, you will then be asked to enter more personal data.
Once you have done this, you will be the proud new owner of a Skrill account.
Now Verify Your Account – That’s How you Become Legal and Trustful
Restrictions will be in place until you prove that you are who you say you are.
To verify your account, go to the settings page (the link is on the left of the screen), click “Account Verification”, and then select “Verify Now”. You can then use your webcam to take a picture of your passport, driving licence, or ID card. Once you have done this, you need to take a selfie with a piece of paper in your hands that has “Skrill” written on it and the current date.
If you don’t have a webcam or if it doesn’t work, you can simply upload photos of the required documents.
To do this, go to “Settings”, click “Verify”, then “Verify Now” and select the upload images option. Just like with the webcam method, you need to upload a photo of your passport, ID card, or driving licence. You will also have to upload an image of you holding a sheet of paper with “Skrill” and the date written on it.
To verify your address, enable the geolocation or upload a copy of a utility bill or bank statement. These cannot be older than three months. If you opt for a bank statement, it must clearly show your name, the address and the bank logo.
What Payment Options Are Available to Skrill Users?
Once you have managed to set up an account, it is time to select a payment option.
The options that are made available to you are:
- Debit/credit card
- Bank transfer
If you opt for the bank transfer option, you will be shown the bank details which you need to send the funds to. You will also be given a customer reference number. It is very important that you add this number when you make a bank transfer because, if you don’t, Skrill might not be able to link the transfer with your account. In most cases, the money will show up in your account in 2-3 working days.
The credit or debit card option is probably the best option as you will see the funds in your account almost instantly.
What Fees Are Charged for Indian Rupees Skrill Transfers
Fees are always something that you should take into consideration when choosing what banking method to make use of. Fees can come in the shape of transfer fees, depositing fees, withdrawing fees, and exchange fees. Everything you need to know regarding fees can be found below.
- Withdrawal fees: A great thing about Skrill is that it allows you to withdraw funds to the payment method that you chose. If you chose your bank as your payment method, you will be charged the equivalent of 5.50 euros every time you make a withdrawal. When compared to PayPal, this is very expensive as they do not charge their customers to withdraw money. If you would like to withdraw money to a debit or credit card, you will be charged 7.5%, which is really high.
- Deposit fees: You will always be charged a fee when depositing money into your account. At this moment in time, the fee is 1% of the total amount deposited.
- Transfer fees: If you want to transfer money to someone else’s Skrill account, then you will be charged 1.45%. In this case, Skrill is cheaper than PayPal as the latter charge 2.90%. Furthermore, you need to remember that if you are sending money to somebody that is using a different currency, any exchange rate fees will be paid by you.
How to Make a Deposit with Skrill on Dafabet?
Below we are going to show you how to make a deposit with a bookmaker using your Skrill account. We are going to use Dafabet as an example, but the money transfer process should be pretty much the same for whatever bookmaker you have an account with.
Making a Deposit Using a Card
After you have finished the signing up process, you will instantly be able to add money to your new account using a credit card or a debit card. Skrill India accepts cards such as Visa, American Express, MasterCard, JCB, and other major international brands. So, this is how you deposit money from Skrill at Dafabet.
- Log on to your Dafabet account and head on over to their cashier page
- Once there, find the Skrill deposit option and click on it. You will then be asked to enter the amount of money that you would like to deposit in your bookmaker account.
- A pop-up box should appear, where you will be asked to enter card details such as the card number, the date that it expires, and the CVV number.
- Once you have entered these details and are certain that they are correct, click on the “Pay Now” button and the transaction will be processed.
Using a Different Payment Method
Alternatively, if you do not want to use a card as your payment method, then there are other payment methods available to you. How can you make use of these various options? Well, once again, we have outlined the process below.
- Log on to your Dafabet account and make your way to the cashier page.
- Once you are there, find the option for depositing via Skill and select it.
- A pop-up box will appear, and you should click on “Skrill Balance”. Then you should click on “Proceed to My Account”.
- You will be taken to a page where you can see the available payment options. Click on the one you want, follow the simple instructions, and your account will soon be credit with funds.
The payment method that you choose will have different processing times. If you use a credit or debit card, bitcoin or Neteller, the money will appear in your sportsbook account within a matter of seconds. However, if you opt for a bank transfer, then you will need to wait somewhere between 3-5 working days.
N.B. When you are making a deposit, Skrill India might ask you if the deposit if for gambling or non-gambling. We know it will be tempting to select “non-gambling”, but we do not recommend you do this because if Skrill find out that you have lied, they will prevent you from depositing at betting sites in the future.
Why Should I Use Skrill in India for Online Betting?
When you use Skrill, you can deposit money into your sportsbook account almost right away, which makes it extremely convenient for whenever you have to top up your bankroll. This means that even if there comes a time when your sportsbook account is empty, you can top it up within minutes and start betting again.
Furthermore, your Skrill account will come with the ability for you to check your transaction history, which means that it is very easy to keep track of the money that you have spent on betting on sports.
What If Skrill Blocks My Deposit?
Sometimes, even those of us who have done everything by the book will find that our Skrill deposit has been blocked. This is usually because the bank that issued the credit card that was used has an issue. This is annoying, no doubt, but it is a common issue when making use of Skrill in India. Thankfully, there are a few ways that you can work around it.
Use a Different Deposit Options
The simplest thing that you can try to solve the issue is to use another deposit option and see if that fixes the issue. You might have to select a different debit or credit card or use a completely different option, like a bank transfer. Many Indian Skrill users who come across this problem find that using a different deposit option solves their problem right away.
Open up a Neteller Account
If the above method does not fix your problem, another thing that you can try is to open up a Neteller account (Neteller are owned by the owners of Skrill) that you do not use for gambling purposes. Once you have done this, you can transfer money into your Neteller account. This will then finance your Skrill account, which you can then use to deposit money into a gambling site. However, under no circumstance should you open up another Skrill account as this could end up with you losing both accounts.
The Pros and Cons of Using Skrill in a Sports and Cricket Betting Environment
- Simple to use: The signing up process is pretty quick and not confusing at all. You can have a new account up and running in fewer than five minutes. Once you have an account, adding money to it and withdrawing money from it is as easy as 1,2,3.
- It is very secure: Every single transaction that is done is carried out using extremely high levels of encryption security. This means that in the unlikely event that some third party got their hands on it, they wouldn’t be able to decipher the information. You definitely don’t need to worry about security when using Skrill.
- Available in many different countries: As we touched upon above, Skrill is available in over 200 countries. So, no matter where you go, there is a very high chance that you will be able to make use of Skrill.
- High fees: This was obviously going to be here. However, as we spoke about the fees earlier, we don’t need to go into much detail here.
- No live chat available: If you are having issues with your Skrill account and need to talk to one of their customer care agents, you can give them a call or you can send them a message via your account. You will usually get an answer within 24 hours. However, we do have one gripe and that is their lack of live chat. Those of you who have an account with bookmakers that provide live chat will know just how much of a godsend it is when you need answers quickly.
Make Use of the Skrill Mobile App
Skrill has a fantastic app that can be downloaded straight to your mobile. The app can be downloaded on iOS and Android devices but is not available for those who have Blackberry and Windows phones.
The app allows you to check your balance, make transfers, withdraw and deposit cash, sell and buy cryptocurrency. We have tested the app out ourselves and we found that it is very user-friendly. You will have no difficulty navigating and transferring money can be done easily as well.
Overall, this is an app that you cannot fault.
Our Skrill India Verdict
In our opinion, Skrill is very useful when it comes to sending and receiving money online. It does not matter where the person or company you want to send money to is situated, you will be able to do so with ease. We are a big fan of the fact that Skrill accept a good number of deposit options, such as debit and credit card, bank transfer, and other options like Neteller or Paysafecard.
The 1.45% transfer fees are quite reasonable, but things start to get expensive whenever currency exchange fees need to add on. Furthermore, whenever you want to withdraw to your bank, you will be charged the equivalent of 5.50 euros or 7.5% if you are withdrawing cash to your Visa card. This is very high.
Overall though, we feel that the positives outweigh the negatives and that you won’t have a bad experience if you decide to create a Skrill account.
Below you can find some questions that are frequently asked about Skrill India.
Is Skrill Legal in India?
Before you deposit your money somewhere, you obviously want to make sure that the company is legit and legal. Well, you will be glad to hear that Skrill is a legal method of payment that can be used all throughout India.
Is Skrill Safe to Use in India?
Skrill is a huge financial service that is used by millions of people all over the world. They make use of all of the latest security technology so you can be certain that it is safe for people to use in India.
Which Indian Banks Support Skrill?
You will find that Skrill works well with the majority of banks that provide credit cards in India. Therefore, you should not have any issues regardless of what bank you use.
How Do I Receive Money from Skrill?
Withdrawing money from Skrill is handled mostly through making a transfer into your bank account. Alternatively, some account Skrill users that are comfortable using cryptocurrency will use money from their Skrill balance to buy Bitcoin, which can later be converted into cash.
How Much Does Skrill Charge Per Transaction?
The fees will vary depending on what type of transaction you are making. Every time you put funds into your account, there will be a 1% charge. If you want to withdraw money, you will be charged 415.60 INR. Furthermore, if you want to send money to someone, there will be a 1.45% fee.
How Do I Do a Neteller to Skill Transfer?
Transferring from Neteller to Skrill is an easy process. You simply have to open your Skrill account, select Neteller as the deposit option, and then click on “Deposit Now”. You will then have to enter your Neteller details and decide on how much money you want to send over to your Skrill account.
Is There a Skrill App I Can Use?
Skrill has a great app that is available to iOS and Android users. You can use this app to manage your account, but please bear in mind that your deposits and withdrawals to Indian sportsbooks must be done from the cashier page on their site, not from the Skill app.