Virtual prepaid cards are becoming a popular banking option as users don’t have to provide betting sites with their bank details in order to make deposits. AstroPay, thanks to its wide coverage, has slowly made its way to top of the virtual card table. In this review, we will tell you everything that is worth knowing about AstroPay.
A Quick Look at the History of AstroPay in India
AstroPay was first established in 2009, so they haven’t been around as long as some of the other virtual card alternatives, but they haven’t stopped this relative lack of experience (when compared to their competitors) from preventing them becoming one of the most popular prepaid card options in the world.
This payment option is owned by the AstroPay LLP Group, with their headquarters in London, United Kingdom. It is very popular in South America as the citizens of these countries don’t have many other options open to them.
In fact, the reason they formed this business was to capitalise on the lack of options available to the South American market. Since then, they have spread out over the world and have grown in popularity.
You Need an Account to Purchase an Astropay Card
To use this banking method, you first need to register yourself using their official website. This is very easy to do as you just have to give them your name, email address, select a language, choose your country, and then create a strong password.
Once you have filled in the form, you will be able to purchase your very first AstroPay card. You can purchase a card using your debit or credit card or a bank account transfer. As soon as the transaction has been successful, you will receive an email with the necessary card data information.
When you have your virtual card, you can head on over to your favourite betting site and choose AstroPay as your method of payment. You will then be asked to submit the following card details:
- Card number
- Security code
- Expiration date
- Deposit amount
The cards are available to buy in a wide range of denominations ($25-$500), meaning they are great for many different payments, such as paying bills or shopping online. Each card is valid for one year, so there is only a slim chance that you will forget about it and then remember it when it has already expired.
What about a Verification Process?
Many people get annoyed when they see that they have to go through a verification process before they have full access to their accounts. If you happen to be one of these people, you will be thrilled to hear that there is no verification process with prepaid cards.
If You Use AstroPay Cards, What Are the Fees?
If the lack of a verification process made you thrilled, the next piece of information that we are going to give you will make you absolutely ecstatic.
Not only is it free to create an account with AstroPay, not only do you not have to pay an annual maintenance fee, but you will not be charged any fees when you use your card to deposit cash at a betting site or for whatever other reason you use.
There are deposit limits though. The minimum amount that you can deposit is the equivalent of $1, while the maximum amount that you can deposit is the equivalent of $500. This means that you do not have to spend your whole card balance in one transaction.
You can usually use your AstroPay card as soon as you have purchased it, but in some rare cases, it can take three working days before it is activated.
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Using This Virtual Card
- Available in different languages: If you struggle to understand a particular language, you can change it to one that you have a better understanding of.
- Completely free to use: We know we have already mentioned this, but it is such a positive aspect of this payment method that it doesn’t hurt to mention it again.
- Many different betting sites accept it: If a prepaid card isn’t accepted at many betting sites, then there really is no point in buying it. Thankfully, when it comes to AstroPay, there are many different betting sites that accept it as a deposit method. This number is only going to grow.
- Not able to process withdrawals: While AstroPay is great for depositing money at betting sites, you cannot actually use it to withdraw any winnings that you make. Therefore, you will need to use an alternative method to withdraw funds from your account. However, with the many different options that are available nowadays, this shouldn’t be an issue.
- Live chat isn’t available: If you ever have an issue and need to get in touch with AstroPay, the only way that you can do so is by filling in a contact form and waiting for them to get back to you. It would be much better if they had a number that you could call or a live chat option as you would get a solution to your problems much faster.
Is There an AstroPay Card App?
The creators of AstroPay are well aware that mobile gambling is becoming more and more popular, so they created an app that their customers can download and use wherever they are.
This app is available on iOS and Android devices, and allows you to use all the same services that you can use on their desktop site. We took the time to download this app so we could try it out for ourselves, and we were pretty impressed. It is easy to use and looks good to boot. If you decided to become an AstroPay customer, we highly recommend that you download the app.
Our Last Thoughts on AstroPay India
AstroPay has become one of the most popular prepaid cards in the world and, after reading this review, we are sure that you can see why it has become so successful.
The main thing that we love about it is that there are absolutely no fees that we are forced to pay. If we deposit a 500 Indian rupee card at a sportsbook, we will get the full 500 Indian rupees in our account. The fact that it is easy to purchase and use a card are two other things that are highly satisfying.
In our opinion, the only way that they can become better is if they work out a way to allow people to withdraw funds from their accounts as well. However, this is not too much of an issue as there are plenty of other great withdrawal options out there anyway.